Nice and slowly I have been turning my ways and choosing lighter and more green food. January is the hardest month for me, everything is so gray, dark and cold. So I’m trying my best to lift my spirits, eat healthy (well I’m always trying) and looking so much forward to the Spring when you start to get more fresh fruit and vegetables. And of course preparing my own garden for all those lovely fruits and vegetables I’m going to grow, but more about that later.
This smoothie is really filling and is perfect in the morning, but I also like it for lunch or in the afternoon. The lemon juice and the ginger will give you a nice kick, and in the recipe I say 1 inch (2,5 cm) fresh ginger but I use at least twice as much. I feel the ginger should be the hero of this smoothie. Like I said before it is very filling, creamy but you still get a fresh kick from the ginger and lemon. Highly recommended …
- 1 cup Soya milk, or the plant based milk of your choice
- 1 Banana
- 1/2 Avocado
- Big handfuls fresh Spinach
- 4 pitted Dates
- juice of half a Lemon
- I inch (2.5 cm) fresh peeled Ginger
- Ice cubes
- Remove the pits from dates and peel the ginger. Cut all the ingredients in smaller parts.
- Pour the soya milk in blender and then add the rest of the ingredients. Blend well and pour in glasses.
- Serves 2 small glasses or 1 big