Spicy Tuna Salad
One of my favorite sandwich is spicy tuna at Joe & The Juice, and that is where the idea for this salad came from. I am not a big tuna salad eater but somehow I think this one works really well.
Tuna is somehow really good in spicy dishes and I have added the feta cheese to get the nice soft salty flavour, so I would recommend to put the feta cheese in first, taste and then the salt because you don´t need as much salt when you have the salty cheese.
I have also added pickled jalapeño which I absolutely love but that is optional and I have made the salad both with and without … it is just as good either way .
- 1 can white meat Tuna, or about 160 gr
- 1 medium red Onion
- 3 Eggs
- 1/2 tsp ground Paprika
- 1/2 tsp Chili Powder
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 70 gr Feta Cheese
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- pickled Jalapeño Pepper, optional
- Boil the eggs for about 10 minutes, and finely chop the red onion.
- Drain the tuna, put in a bowl and break it up with a fork. Add the onion, eggs, spices and mayonnaise depending on how much you want. Stir it well together.
- Break up the feta cheese and stir in. Taste and add salt & pepper.
- If using jalapeño pepper, chop it up and add.