The first recipe for these rice krispie treats I got from my best friend as a teenager and I think I have made this like a million times. These are easy to make and perfect to make with your children.
They have always been very popular and I made them this weekend for my son’s birthday, and my sister said it just reminded her of her childhood.
I would recommend storing them in the fridge if they don´t finish all at once, and you could also freeze them for a longer time.
- 500 gr Medjool Dates, pitted
- 250 gr Butter
- 120 gr Brown Sugar
- 150 gr Kellogg´s Rice Krispies
- 400 gr Chocolate
- Cut the dates in small pieces and in a large saucepan melt them together with the butter on medium heat. Add the brown sugar and stir well together until the sugar is dissolved.
- Take off the heat, add the rice krispies and stir until everything is well combined. Pour in a baking pan which you have lined with baking paper and press it evenly down.
- Melt the chocolate and pour it over. Put it in the fridge for about an hour.