The quickest Tomato Sauce
This is my quickest recipe for tomato sauce which I use for pasta. I never buy bottled pasta sauce as I find them too sweet, and as this is very simple and quick to make I tend to use this quite often.
I always buy peeled plum tomatoes in a can instead of chopped tomatoes, as the quality of the tomatoes is much better so I recommend that , and it is quite therapeutic to crush the tomatoes with your hands.
If you would like your sauce a little bit more spicy it is great to add a pinch of chili flakes to the sauce. Just add them at the same time as you add the basil.
- 2 cans peeled Plum Tomatoes
- 1 clove Garlic
- handful fresh Basil
- Olive Oil
- Sea Salt
- freshly ground Black Pepper
- Pour the plum tomatoes in a small bowl and squeeze them together with your hands.
- Place saucepan on medium heat and pour in a generous slug of olive oil. Add the garlic and after about a minute add the basil and let fry for about another minute.
- Add the plum tomatoes and season with salt and pepper, and let the sauce simmer for 10 minutes.