Perfect Pizza Sauce
At least once a week we have pizza, here in Denmark it is very popular to have a Friday night pizza but I also make pizza when I need to clean out the fridge.
I am very specific about the pizza sauce that I use and I think I have the recipe that fits me perfectly, at least I don’t remember when was the last time I bought a one.
I want my sauce to be completely smooth with no lumps, not too watery and it has to be easy to make and that I can make a batch without spending a lot of time doing it.
And this recipe has all that, you don’t have to chop anything or cook it down, it is as smooth as you want it to be and perfectly thick.
- 1 can (400 gr.) whole Plum Tomatoes
- 1 can (140 gr.) Tomato Paste
- 1 large Garlic Clove
- 1 tbsp Acacia Honey
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- Salt & Pepper
- Small handful fresh Oregano & Basil ( of dried 1/2 tsp each)
- Take the plum tomatoes and pour them in a sift, cut them in half so that all the liquid is drained away. Take all the other ingredients and put them in a blender and add the plum tomatoes last when they have drained well.
- Mix everything until it is as smooth as you want it to be, if you are using dried herbs you stir them in last, otherwise your sauce will become a little brown.
- Pour into a clean jar and the sauce will keep in the fridge for about a week.