I’m really getting into the Christmas spirit, starting to plan the Christmas dinner and what I should bake for the holidays. But before I can totally emerge myself into that I have one birthday to plan. My son has his birthday today and I always want him to enjoy his birthday without me mixing it with Christmas preparations.
So today I baked some cupcakes for him even though we are celebrating his birthday next Saturday … there is never too much cake. Oreo’s are one of our favorite cookies, although the family is quite split with that, but I think either you like it or not. But I decided to go all in and do Oreo triple ways, crushed in the cupcake, finely crushed in the butter cream and then one for decoration.
This recipe calls for self raising flour and normally you can’t buy that here, or it is really hard to find. But it is quite easy to make yourself and I often make a small batch to have it I need it, as I tend to bake quite often …
To make self raising flour you simply mix together 4 cups of regular flour with 2 tbsp baking powder and 1 tsp fine salt. Stir it together and you are ready to go.
- 135 gr Butter
- 85 gr Self Raising Flour
- 20 gr Cocoa Powder
- 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
- Pinch of Salt
- 125 gr Sugar
- 2 large Eggs
- 2 tbsp whole Milk
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 packet Oreo Cookies
- Preheat the oven to 170ºC (330ºF) and line a 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners and set aside.
- Put the oreo cookies in a plastic bag, and with a rolling pin crush them roughly so you have some big pieces.
- Sift the dry ingredients in a big mixing bowl, and than add the butter and the eggs and start mixing it together on a low speed. When it starts coming together put it on medium speed and mix for about 1 minute.
- Put back on slow and add the milk and the eggs, and mix well for about 30 sec.
- With a spatula fold in the crushed oreo cookies. Spoon the dough into the cupcake paper liners and bake for about 20 to 22 minutes.
- 200 gr soft Butter
- 450 gr Icing Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp whole milk /cream
- 1/2 pack Oreo cookies
- 12 Oreo Cookies for decoration
- Put half the pack of Oreo into a food processor and finely blend. But if you don’t have a food processor just put them in a plastic bag and crush them with a rolling pin. Just make sure they are finely crushed.
- Put the butter in a large mixing bowl and mix it on high speed for about 5 minutes, or until it is much lighter in colour and more fluffy.
- Add the icing sugar in two batches, start on low speed and when combined turn on medium speed and mix well.
- Add the vanilla and milk and mix on high speed for 1 minute. Add the finely crushed Oreos and mix slowly.
- Pipe it onto the cupcakes and put a whole Oreo on top for decoration.