French Chocolate Cake
You can find recipes for this cake all over, it is what is called a French chocolate cake. It has a really rich chocolate taste and could be a nice choice for those who have gluten problems as it contains very little flour, and especially if you use spelt instead of flour.
This is quite easy to make and has few ingredients but choosing quality ingredients makes it even better. It works really well with just dusting icing sugar over it but to get an even more chocolate richness I topped it with chocolate glaze and then with all the fresh berries that I had. Chocolate works with almost any fruit so choosing the seasonal fruits at each time is the way to go.
I will promise you that this cake is the perfect dessert and will impress your guests, and with a scoop of vanilla ice cream you won’t ask for anything else … well maybe a shot of espresso
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup Sugar, raw
- 200 gr 70% Chocolate
- 200 gr Butter
- 1/2 cup Flour, I use Spelt
- Preheat the oven to 170°C ( 340°F). Grease one deep baking tin and line the bottom with parchment paper.
- Put eggs and sugar in a bowl and whisk it together on medium speed for about 10 minutes or until it is light coloured and fluffy
- On a low heat melt together the butter and the chocolate. Set aside and let cool for a little bit.
- Pour the chocolate butter into the egg mix and stir it together until combined.Add the flour and carefully stir together.
- Pour into the baking tin and bake for about 30 to 35 minutes. I find the cake best when a little moist in the middle.
- 100 gr Butter
- 100 gr dark Chocolate
- 2 tbsp Acacie honey
- Melt the butter on low heat.
- Take the butter off the heat and add the chocolate and stir until melted and combined. Add the honey.
- Let the glaze set for 10 minutes and then pour over the chocolate cake.
<a href=”https://www.bloglovin.com/blog/14742495/?claim=dejn56sv7a7″>Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>