I use smoothies when I need to get the ultimate nutrition and I don’t have a lot of time. This is especially true in the mornings as I have teenage children who are often too busy to make or eat breakfast and this way I can make sure that they start the day in a good way.
I have been inspired by the blog The Food Club which is a great source of healthy recipes and also many of Ditte Ingemans books. Can highly recommend both.
In this smoothie, I use the avocado to get the creamy consistency and at the same time it’s filled with good healthy fatty acids. Don’t be afraid to use spices in your smoothies, the flavor might surprise you in a good way.
- 1 Banana
- 4 Dates
- 100 gr. frozen Blueberries
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Cardamom
- 1 cup Soy/Almond milk or water
- 6 ice cubes
- Cut the banana and avocado in smaller pieces, and remove the stones from the dates. Put it in a blender with all the spices, lemon juice, and the milk or water.
- Add the frozen blueberries and ice cubes and blend everything together until you have a nice creamy smoothie. If you feel it is too thick just add a little bit of milk/water.
- This recipe will give you about half a liter.